Coggon Center

The Coggon public school building, as it stands today, was erected in 1909.  In 1936, an addition was built to accommodate the growing school population and in 1957, the third and final addition was added. The building served as a public school building until its closure in January 2013.

When the elementary school was closed and moved to the North-Linn uni-campus outside the city limits, Coggon Area Betterment Association (CABA) acquired the abandoned school building. In the months following its purchase, the building was renamed the COGGON CENTER and repurposed as a local community center with business and rental space available to the public.



408 E Main Street CoggonIA  52218