Frequently Asked Questions


 What are the hours for City Hall?

City Hall is open from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.  

 When is garbage/recycling picked up?

Garbage and recycling are on Thursday morning.  New recycle bins are available at City Hall or Rudd Sanitation at a cost of $17.00. All recycling must be clean and dry - pizza boxes are not recyclable, and glass is not permitted.  Residents should purchase their own garbage can.  Any tub will be allowed for recycling if appropriately marked.  Garbage can should not exceed 40 pounds.  Extra garbage tags are available at City Hall for $1.00 each.

 New to town??

Water/Sewer/Garbage - City of Coggon - 319-435-2314

Electric - Coggon Light Plant 319-435-2436

Gas - Alliant Energy - 800-255-4268

MV Link - High Speed Internet/phone

800-927-6068 -

Centurylink - Phone/Internet 800-244-1111

 What is our address?

Our mailing address is:  PO Box 79, Coggon  IA  52218
Our physical address is:  118 E Main Street, Coggon IA 52218

 Automatic pay available

Go to the Home Page - Government - Permits, Licenses and Forms to obtain your auto pay form for completion.  May be scanned and emailed to

 Who do I contact to rent a park shelter?

Contact City Hall at 319-435-2314 to rent a shelter at City Park or Savage Memorial Park.  Deposits are $20.00.

 What is the number to the Coggon Post Office?

The Coggon Post Office's phone number is 319-435-2461.

 When is the Library open?

Tues 9 -6, Wed 9-5, Fri 9-5, Sat 9-12

 Licensing of dogs

All dogs six months or older must be licensed with the City.  A $10.00 yearly fee will be paid by March 1st of each year.  Proof of rabies vaccination must be provided.

 Urban Chickens allowed with restrictions.

To find out information about having chickens, go to the Home Page - Government - City Ordinances - Title IV Mental and Physical Health - Chapter 2.  Permit required, no roosters, maximum of six chickens.  $10.00 per chicken paid yearly.